Invitational Workshop on the Future of Virtual Execution Environments
For three days in September, 2004, a few dozen experts in virtual execution
environments gathered to discuss the future of this important area.
The group included members of industry, academia, and open source projects.
This site documents these meetings. It includes the workshop
a list of attendees,
abstracts, slides, and video for most talks.
- Bob Blainey, Distinguished Engineer and CTO Java
- Paul Buck, Director of Java Strategy
- John Duimovich, Distinguished Engineer and CTO Virtual Machines
- Michael Hind, Manager, Dynamic Optimization Group
- Jim Rymarczyk, IBM Fellow, Systems and Technology Group
- Vivek Sarkar, Senior Manager, Programming Technologies, IBM Research
- Pat Selinger, IBM Fellow and VP Data Management Architecture & Technology
- Kevin Stoodley, IBM Fellow and CTO Compilation Technology
- Mark Wegman, CTO Software Technology Research