Cloud and Computing Infrastructure events
4th Future of Tape workshop 2013
The Future of Tape workshop has been held annually in the fall at the IBM Research - Zurich Lab since 2010. The event brings users of IBM tape systems, business partners and integrators together with research scientists and engineers working on future generations of tape systems and IBM systems experts.
The goal of the workshop is to discuss themes of common interest ranging from the tape road map, future tape products and research directions, current and future tape use cases, the importance of system attributes such as capacity, data rate and access times, archive applications of tape for long-term retention versus compliance, e-discovery issues in tape archive applications and more.
Topics for the 2013 workshop
- Feedback, summary, and results from past 2012 workshop
- Tape/Archiving market update and trends
- Big Data repository: Vision of a combined backup/archive appliance
- LTFS-EE status and outlook
- Automated tiering solutions for data protection
- Cloud integration into storage hierarchy
- Physical tape roadmap and technology demonstrations
- Data reliability and data security